NEW PCF Committee meeting with Grant Dugmore – Saturday 7 June 2008
As a committee we have to plan for where we want to be in 10 years time.
How do we fit with the new guidelines of the ICC? – DEADLINE – JULY 2010
1. Laws of Cricket – No problem
2. Field a senior national team – No problem
3. Senior Competitions
– Minimum of 4 teams now has to be 8 senior teams
– This may be forced by the Peruvian government…
– Not everyone has to play everyone else…. We could have 4 second division teams or we could have 2 teams in
– To start with we only need to have 8 a side games for our second division…
– WE HAVE A COUPLE OF YEARS TO GET TO 8 TEAMS.
4. ALSO Minimum of 4 Junior teams – find a starting point…BUT HAS TO BE HARD BALL CRICKET…. We will need the smaller junior balls.
– EQUIPMENT – We need to cater for juniors
5. Women’s cricket
– the only stipulation is the including of Girls involved in Junior teams.
– Teams can be mixed up to Under 15.
6. The tri-nations MOU(Memorandum Of Understanding à Chile, Argentina, Brasil) – we really need to join this – This would be a link between the countries as far as activities go…at club level WE SHOULD WRITE A LETTER TO ASK IF WE CAN COME ON BOARD – CAN GRANT SEND US THE AGREEMENT SO WE CAN DRAFT THE LETTER.
7. No stipulation for an U/19 teams for Affiliate teams.
COACHING – we could perhaps get an Argentinean Coach to come over and run a course for PE staff in our schools….in Spanish!! – This would help us to develop junior cricket.
VIV will send around Minutes and also the letter to pass on the changes in the Committee
1. We must have appointed at least 1 full time staff after 3 years of Membership
– Perhaps we can only pay them for 6 months (seasonal) – provide accommodation etc
– We could use a GAP student – we could pick someone who is retired and say they are full time administrator. What sort of evidence do we need – we must demonstrate to a rep (like Grant) – It doesn’t say a PAID full time staff member…it could be a volunteer…they just have to be FULL TIME
2. We must have a dedicated office – a house or school….problem with receiving stuff
3. We need an annual operation plan linked to the budget.
1. WE NEED RECOGNITION BY THE MINISTRY OF SPORT – we need a letter from the ICC – with the Olympic accreditation on the letterhead…. GRANT will get that letter
2. Constitution reviewed annually – we need to have it minuted that it was reviewed. Can Grant send us a generic Constitution to give out to each club….each club should have their own constitutions also.
3. AGM held ….preferable every year..jaja. Elections every year OR perhaps elections every 2-3 years (for Continuity).
4. Legal Status – as soon as we have status with Ministry etc. we should be legal…. Can we have limited liability status…..the LCFC probably has it here on site…but traveling as the Peruvian Cricket team…or when we are developing junior cricket… needs to be thought about
1. We need a minimum of 2 competition grounds…we have a MAT now so we could be OK with that…. BUT we need to play at least one game on another ground – shouldn’t be a problem.
1. Submit audited (Certified for lower affiliates) annual accounts and summary template within 6 months of financial year end – JANUARY à DECEMBER (financial year) .. ICC funding will come in one lump …and regional funding during the year per quarter. If our AGM is always in June then what can be presented is; 1. the previous financial year 2. spending so far in the current year 3. present the budget for the coming year.
2. BUDGET – we have to submit an annual budget in line with our operational plan – WE WILL NEED TO PRESENT, BY DECEMBER, OUR OPERATIONAL PLAN AND PROPOSED BUDGET – WE SHOULD COUNT ON ABOUT $20,000 …AND WE HAVE TO COME UP WITH $2,500 SPONSORSHIP….WE ALSO DO HAVE TO SPEND THE MONEY!!!!- AND SHOW EXPENDITURE
3. Income Generation – we have to raise $2,500 or 10% of ICC funding – through sponsorship etc.
1. Must conduct minimum of 2 educational courses annually
We have to do Quarterly reports including:
1. Activity – playing etc
2. Development activity – courses, schools activity
4. Meetings – point out constitutional changes
5. Anything else relevant
ICC staffing in
Also 2 new development officers…and also an IT/media person.
- $15,000 base amount arriving January 2009. How we use it must fit into operational plan.
- Annual Capital and Development Grant money depends on our ‘ranking’ (based on performance not just on field) – we will find out in about 5 weeks after the meeting in
– 24 affiliates wont get additional funding perhaps we will??? Perhaps not….we may sneak into category F (an extra $10,000). DUBAI
- Regional participation grant (project orientated) $5,000 à $7000
- $2000 admin grant – we do with it what we like (Cricket nets in Hiram Bingham)….no justification.
Between now and October we need to work out our BUDGET….we should apply…..
Before the 15th of July we need to make an application for a capital expenditure ($2000) for 2008….
ALSO if you think about it.
PCF Committee – need to meet VERY soon to make the proposal for the funding (before 15 July). Also to assign roles to committee members.
GRANT can give us a template to make our operational planning – he would like us to plan for not just 2 years …but 4 years…or 5 or 10 years.